Over the weekend I went to the mall … to visit with Santa and let him know what I wanted for Christmas. I waited in line with all the other excited children – and a few not so excited ones. When it got to be my turn, I gingerly climbed up into his lap, and you know that took some doing! But I got there and smiled brightly into his sparking light blue eyes.
– Patience: the thing I lack the most and need unequivocally
– The ability to forgive unconditionally, without consideration
for the magnitude of the wrong
– Loyalty to my friends so they know they can always
count on me
– The vulnerability to show my transparent, genuine and
sincere side without worrying about how I’m coming
– Loving kindness for all living things
– An abundant generosity for random acts of kindness
as well as giving for the more visible needs
– Loving friends who accept me as I am, foibles and all
– And, finally, that which I continuously seek: self-love
and respect for all my imperfect perfection.
My list is not small, as you can see. What is your list? And how will you be your own Santa?
Contact Antonia at Antonia@TheJoyofAgingGratefully.com